purpose and charge
The North Carolina Prescribed Fire Council brings together natural resource professionals, public and private land managers, and others who support the use of prescribed fire into an organization to:
- Promote public education about the benefits of prescribed fire.
- Advocate for the ability to use prescribed fire as a land management tool now and in the future.
- Increase expertise in prescribed fire by sharing technical and biological information.
- Promote safety, training, and research in the art and science of prescribed fire.
- Review prescribed fire practices, regulations, and policies and suggest improvements.
- Promote best management practices that minimize smoke and air quality impacts from prescribed fires.